To get your hands on a Passport to Leisure card, you must live
in South Somerset and either be in receipt of one of the following
Or if you are:
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer's Allowance
- Council Tax Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance,
- Housing Benefit
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Support
- Industrial Disablement Allowance
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Pension Savings Credit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Widow's Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
• A non-earning dependant of any of the above (providing
they have a valid Passport to Leisure).
• A student aged 16 to 18 in full or part time education.
• A referral from the ProActive scheme who is on one of the above
benefits or at the discretion of the leisure centre once you have
completed your course.
• A referral from the B Active Scheme once you have completed the
• A referral from Social Services or other professional e.g.
Connexions (due to temporary disability/health/social needs or
• Training for work (Apprenticeship Learning, Entry2Employment,
Programme Led Pathways, New Deal, Pathways to Education Training
and Employment Project).
• A group/organisation providing support to people with
special health/social needs.
Please note that if you are aged 60 or over, you no longer need
a Passport to Leisure card to receive discounts at participating
facilities and activities participating in the scheme - just show
evidence of your age to continue to receive a discount.
If you are aged 60 or over and in receipt of either Pension
Guarantee Credit or Pension Savings Credit, you are eligible for a
Passport to Leisure card which may entitle you to receive a higher
level of discount in some of the facilities.