Accelerated Housing Delivery Programme Manager
Salary: £44,632 up to £48,826
Job Type: Fixed term
Job ref: 1871
We have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Manager to help South Somerset District Council bring forward more homes to meet local needs. You will be working with the development industry and other planning, commercial and housing specialists to accelerate housing land supply. This will mean acquiring and using detailed knowledge of the issues, constraints and opportunities across sites with planning permission, particularly in the main towns of the district. It will mean forging close working relationships within and outside the council, and the ability to develop a viable housing delivery pipeline. The Council is also interested in forming joint ventures with the development industry that will break new ground and support regeneration in our towns.
Hours: 37, but alternative flexible working patterns would be considered
Fixed term for 2 years
What you can expect from us
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
An in-depth knowledge of the Planning and Development system. Familiarity with Government measures to stimulate housing delivery. Great communication ability, both written and verbal, to include report writing, presentation and influencing skills. You will have responsibility for planning and delivering projects/programmes, and so some project/programme management skills are desirable. You will probably have been working within the development industry or in a related role in a local authority or housing association.
Relevant industry qualification - Planning (RTPI), RICS, Chartered Institute of Housing
Want to know more? Please contact Martin Woods, Director – Place on 07971 111919.
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.