Assistant Countryside Ranger - 2131
Salary: £23,484 - £ 26,446
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 2131
Take the next step in your career
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Assistant Countryside Ranger to join the team at Ham Hill. Apply now and become a valued member of the Countryside team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Job Title: Assistant Countryside Ranger
Salary: Grade 4, £23,484 - £ 26,446
Hours: 37 per week, some evening & weekend work may be required
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we’re looking for…
- Someone with a passion for working in the countryside and conservation sector
- Strong practical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working on a similar site
- Strong customer communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
Please contact Rachael Whaites, Countryside Manager on 07949 482956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Please contact email@example.com should you require any assistance throughout the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Monday 17th October 2022, 10am
Interview Date: 3rd & 4th November 2022
Job Reference: 2131
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.