Assistant Countryside Ranger
Salary: Grade 4 £23,080 to £25,991 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 2027
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Assistant Countryside Ranger to join the team at Ham Hill. Apply now and become a valued member of the Countryside team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 10% gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we’re looking for…
- Someone with a passion for working in the countryside and conservation sector
- Strong practical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working on a similar site
- Strong customer communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
Please contact Rachael Whaites, Countryside Manager on 07949 482956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
Some evening & weekend work may be required
Interview Date: Tuesday 25th & Wednesday 26th January 2022
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
South Somerset is committed to the safety of its residents, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.