Assistant Countryside Ranger
Job Type: Fixed term
Job ref: 1885a
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Countryside Ranger at Ham Hill to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Countryside team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities. This post has been fully funded by the Culture Recovery Fund.
Hours: 37 per week, some evening & weekend work may be required.
Fixed term to 31st March 2021
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 20% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
We are delighted to be able to offer, thanks to the Culture Recovery Fund, a winter season position at our award winning Country Park in South Somerset. As the largest Iron Age hillfort in Britain we are custodians of important heritage and this winter we want to make a real difference to the preservation of built heritage and the conservation of some superb natural heritage and protected species. We need a ranger who is keen to join our small team immediately and really hit the ground running. So if you have a passion for working in the countryside and conservation sector, have strong practical skills, the ability to work as part of a team, experience of working on a similar site, can demonstrate strong customer communication skills and have experience of working with volunteers then please take a look. This post will involve some lone working and will require DBS clearance.
For more information, please contact Rachael Whaites, Countryside Manager on 07949 482956 or email Rachael.Whaites@southsomerset.gov.uk should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 9th NovemberDownload Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.