Case Officer (Benefits) - Service Delivery
Salary: Grade 4 From £23,080 - £25,991 per annum
Job Type: Fixed term
Job ref: 1944
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Officer to join our busy benefits team. Apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Fixed Term (up until 31 March 2022)
What we’re looking for…
- We are looking for a candidate with strong administration and organisational skills, ideally with a background in benefits and having some knowledge and understanding of Housing Benefit Regulations to join our Case Services Team (Benefits). The post holder should be able to work accurately, under pressure and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- In this role you will be required to update claims after verifying the earnings and pensions of our customers, (VEPs) ensuring that the correct level of housing benefit has been awarded. You will also need to administer Universal Credit processes as well as all other benefit-related tasks. Training will be provided.
- Working in a busy and high pressured environment, the successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their knowledge and experience, as this will enable them to work on their own initiative in line with our policies and procedures and with support from other team members and Benefit specialists.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, be resilient, proactive and resourceful in your approach and have the ability to problem solve.
- This role would support someone who is flexible in their approach, as there may be occasions where the successful applicant will be expected to work across other areas within Case Services.
For an informal chat about these posts please contact Angela Marston, Case Service Team Leader on (01935) 462012.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
South Somerset is committed to the safety of its residents, the successful applicant will be required to undertake an Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.