Case Officer (Digital and Internal Communications)
Salary: Grade 3 (£20,092- £22,183)
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 1966
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital and Internal Case Officer to join our fabulous Communications Team. As part of the Strategy and Support Services Directorate, we help South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What we’re looking for…
The Strategy and Support Services team is working every day to turn political will into evidence-based action. This includes providing clear and impactful communication to ensure our great work is understood by customers, partners and staff.
Marketing, social media, consultations and events - in this fabulous development role you will be playing a part in helping us engage with customers and staff, using that information to create a great place to work and make a real difference in our communities.
Thriving in a fast paced environment, you will be committed to finding exciting new ways to champion our commercial strategy and demonstrate the ways we’re making money work harder for our communities. We are incredibly proud of the work we do and need to shout about it on social media and across our multiple channels, so if you are brimming with ideas about how to do this we’d love to hear from you.
Key tasks of this role include:
- Providing creative ideas and design to support social media activity and council projects
- Planning events to help customers, residents and staff better understand the work is doing
- Creating videos and other materials to boost the number of customers using our digital services
- Helping plan and create activity around annual awareness and campaign days
- Assisting with running incentives for employees as well as celebrating success externally
- Helping to create marketing plans and strategies to help boost our commercial approach
- Considering new ways to communicate with customers, partners and staff to enhance the council’s reputation
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
Please contact Richard Birch, Lead Specialist for Communications, Marketing and Media on 01935 462094 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.