Case Officer (Economic Development)
Salary: £23,080 - £25,991
Job Type: Temporary
Job ref: 1970
We have an exciting opportunity for an Economic Development Case Officer to join us to support the team over the next 18 months. Apply now and become a valued member of the team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities. The successful candidate will help the Economic Development Team to ensure the business community across South Somerset is supported, informed and engaged.
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Fixed Term for 18 months
What we’re looking for…
An enthusiastic and motivated individual to help the Council deliver its ambitious actions for enterprise, innovation and growth whilst also contributing to projects that support the recovery phase of the Covid 19 pandemic.
You will work within the Economic Development Team and support on a wide ranging programme of activity to support businesses within the district. The successful candidate will be confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders and have the ability to prioritise a varied workload to complete tasks to meet appropriate deadlines.
You will be joining the team at an incredibly interesting time, where supporting the economy is at the forefront of the Council’s ambitions. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing operational support to the Economic Development Team
- Supporting the distribution of Covid 19 business grants
- Supporting on projects and programmes that deliver activities such as:
- Unemployment support
- A business accelerator programme for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Support in marketing our local food and drink producers
- A programme of investment into our market towns
- Enterprise and growth support
- Assisting with the administration of the service’s budget, including the preparation, issuing and processing of POs, invoices, requisitions etc.
- Maintain accurate data, such as software systems, spreadsheets, lists, databases etc.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve tasks, processes and procedures
- Researching and promoting external support programmes to businesses the website, newsletter and other appropriate communication channels
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
Please contact Joe Walsh, Specialist – Economic Development on 01935 462289 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.