Case Officer (Environmental Health and Licensing)
Salary: Grade 3 £20,092 - £22,183 per annum (pro rata)
Job Type: Fixed term
Hours 25 hours per week
Job ref: 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Officer to join our busy Environmental Health and Licensing team. Apply now and become a valued member of the Service Delivery Case team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Fixed Term until 31st March 2023
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
What we’re looking for…
- A candidate with strong administration and organisational skills.
- You must have excellent attention to detail, be resilient, proactive and resourceful in your approach and have the ability to problem solve
- Someone who is able to manage their own case load, as well as provide support to the rest of the team, as and when required
- Experience in using Environmental Health and Licensing back office systems, such as: Civica APP or similar, would be beneficial, although is not essential, as training will be provided
- Working in a busy and high-pressured environment, the successful candidate will be encourage to develop their own knowledge and experience, as this will enable them to work on their own initiative in line with our policies and procedures, with support from other team members and EH Specialists
- Flexibility is key. This is a varied and interesting role, as you will be advising customers with their initial enquiries in relation to food safety, entering food inspections, dealing with food poisoning notifications as well as other duties. You should also be prepared to “muck in” to provide support to other areas of Environmental Health and Environmental Protection (Nuisance) and Licensing tasks, especially during busy periods
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Angela Marston, Service Delivery Team Leader on (01935) 462012.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.