Digital Specialist – Security & Compliance
Salary: Grade 7 £35,745 - £39,880
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 1959
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Specialist – Security and Compliance to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Digital Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What we’re looking for…
A proactive Digital Specialist with a proven track record in leading on organisational Security and Compliance. This is a key role in the Council ensuring we keep our data, information and systems safe against cyber threats. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate and collaborate well, present data and information, and guide and enforce at all levels from the senior leadership team, council members, colleagues and internal business areas, along with our external stakeholders.
The post holder leads on security and compliance-related action plans to ensure we maintain compliance with audits, IT Health Checks and Public Sector Network requirements. Other duties include:
- Leading projects and ensuring teams and individuals meet mandatory compliance deadlines.
- Monitoring and review the Council’s technical security architecture and all digital solutions to ensure we have a good security posture and risks are assessed and mitigated effectively.
- Establishing clear policies relating to information security and data management, and assessing our protection measures against attacks and advising on improvement.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers, employees and members on best practice in ensuring the Council’s data and information is safely managed and used, in line with policies and relevant legislation.
- Working collaboratively with the Data Protection Officer and others to ensure the Council adequately processes and protects personal data.
- Leading investigations into any security breaches and report findings and recommendations to the relevant governance bodies, both within SSDC and externally as required.
What we’re offering…
- Remote working (occasionally you will need to attend our offices in Yeovil)
- Working in a newly-formed dynamic Digital Services team
- Generous pension
- Discounts at Country Parks & Gyms
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please contact Amanda Kotvics, People Manager on 01935 462270 or Toffer Beattie, Lead Specialist on 01935 462302 to discuss the role in more detail.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
South Somerset is committed to the safety of its residents, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.