Graduate Case Officer (Planning) – Service Delivery x2
Salary: Grade 3 £20,444 to £22,571
Job Type: Fixed term
Job ref: 2121
We have an exciting opportunity for two Graduate Case Officers to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Planning team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Fixed term for 12 months initially
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Training and professional development opportunities
What we’re looking for…
- A minimium of 2:2 degree in any subject but preferably something relevant to planning.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive with commitment to provision of excellent customer service with some previous experience in dealing with customer queries
- Resourceful and flexible in your approach
This is an ideal opportunity to learn all aspects of the planning process within the Case Services Team, utilise your degree and transform your education into valuable work place skills. This post is particularly suited for those embarking on a planning career.
Applicants should have an awareness of planning objectives and principles applicable to development management and planning enforcement. You will be working towards managing a varied caseload of householder, minor applications and enforcement cases. You will be required to work and negotiate with applicants, write reports and make recommendations. You will also be required to visit site where appropriate. Full training for this role will be given.
You will be based in the SSDC offices in Yeovil combined with working from home operating agile working practices.
Please contact Chloe Beviss, Service Delivery Team Leader on 01935 462321 or John Hammond, Lead Specialist - Built Environment on 01935 462531 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy noticeDownload Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.