Salary: £18,516 - £19,264 + 5% Unsocial Hours allowance
Job Type: Permanent
Hours 161 hours per month
Job ref: 2140
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeper to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Arts & Entertainment team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
The Arts & Entertainment Service manages The Octagon Theatre and Westlands Entertainment Venue in Yeovil. We are seeking a committed, friendly and enthusiastic individual to be responsible for ensuring the venue is clean and ready to welcome customers every day. You will be working with a small team working to ensure the venue spaces are clean and set up as required for the day’s events and meetings. Working with the House Manager, the postholder will need to utilise their planning and organisation skills to meet venue needs. This is a varied role and physically demanding role, usually involving an early morning start and with a strong emphasis on practical tasks including setting up seating in auditoria.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Training and professional development opportunities
Please contact Louise Field-Rowe (Front of House Manager) on 01935 462343 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail or if you require any assistance to apply.
Closing Date: 23rd November 2022, 10am
Interview Date: TBC
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.