Specialist – Environmental Health (x2)
Salary: Grade 6 £31,346 - £34,728
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 1878
We have an exciting opportunity for two Specialists to join us. Apply now and become a valued member of the Environmental Health team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- 20% gym membership discount across LED sites
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated qualified Environmental Health Practitioners to work within the Food and Safety discipline of our Specialist Environmental Health team.
We are able to offer a varied range of food and safety work including pro-active and reactive food and health and safety work, approved food premises work, sampling, along with support to our public health partners concerning all infectious disease and Covid-19 matters. Working in a friendly and agile environment there may be occasions where you will be supporting the close relationship we have with our service delivery partners. We encourage personal and professional development and facilitate innovative thinking.
You will have a degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Health or be qualified by strong relevant professional experience. Excellent communication skills are essential and experience in food safety, health and safety and infectious disease work is desirable but of most importance is the attitude and flexible approach that you bring to protecting the health of our local residents and working with our businesses to ensure compliance.
Please contact Vicki Dawson, Lead Specialist Environment on 01935 462546 or Helen Morris, Interim Specialist Team Manager on 01935 462033 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.