Salary: £23,484 to £26,446
Job Type: Permanent
Job ref: 2088
We have an opportunity for a vehicle technician to join us and look after our fleet of vehicles as well as supporting our commercial MOT centre. Apply now and become a valued member of the Environmental Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
What we’re looking for…
- An individual who is qualified at Level 2 in automotive engineering, vehicle maintenance and repair
- Level 2 vehicle diagnostics qualification
- MOT Tester categories 4, 5 and 7
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out fault diagnosis and repairs to the Council’s fleet of vehicles, inspect the fleet to required industry standard and carry out MOT inspections. You will need excellent customer service skills, a full UK driving license and experience with producing quotations and estimates for work.
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balanc
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Training and professional development opportunities
Please contact Martyn Shoemark, Specialist Transport on 01935 462821 or Ashley Hodgkinson, Operational Section Leader – Vehicles should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any assistance throughout the recruitment process.
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with South Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.Download Job Description
I'm sorry this position is no longer available.