School's Out activity booklets:
This Easter holiday we have a range of fun filled activities to keep your children entertained.
SSDC have teamed up with Abri and Yeovil Town Council to produce a booklet family activities for your children to enjoy this half term. Download your Easter activity booklet.
February half term - Download your School's Out Activity booklet here.
Below you will find a range of learning activities for children and families which can be completed at home.
- Write a woodland story
- Can you see any constellations?
- Design your own gloves
- VE Day puzzle
- Recycling - where does your recycling go?
- Garden scavenger hunt
- Draw your favourite place in South Somerset that makes you enjoy nature
- Minibeast hunt
- Create your own minibeast
- Easter egg hunt
- 1950s, 1960s and 1970s word search
- Design your protective armour
- Re-curate the CHAC exhibition
- Make your own mosaic
- Vintage memory game
- Create your own exhibition
- Can you be a superhero?
- Thank you colouring in sheets
- Household treasure hunt
- Garden safari
- Write a letter
- Party with your toys
- War time apple and rhubarb crumble recipe
- Create your own VE Day bunting
- War time spice cake recipe
- VE Day garden party
- Review your VE Day
- Design your own Somerset flag
- Where is your favourite place in Somerset?
- Covid-19 time capsule
- Lockdown bucket list
- Make a poster all about you
- Can you run as fast as a cheetah?
- An act of kindness a day
- Mindfulness activity
- Learn about the birds that live in our Country Parks
- Victory over Japan Puzzle
- Victory over Japan bunting
Share you appreciation for your little ones by giving them a well deserved certificate for staying at home. Pick your child's favourite design below
If you need help explaining coronavirus (COVID-19) to your children, download this factsheet.
Help your children to talk about their worries in these unusual times with our mindfulness help sheet.
Other useful learning activities
BBC Teach for educational videos and activities
Network Rails online educational pack
Haynes Motor Museum has online free and fun activities
GWR online learning portal using key STEM skills in games
Eco Kids Planet educational packs teach children about the world around them
Turtle Diary has educational children's games
BrainPop with lessons, games and activities on a range of topics
Scholastic has learning resources and videos as well as a daily activity
Splash Learn with online curriculum courses
The Government have brought together an initial list of online educational resources to help children to learn at home.
These websites have been identified by some of the country’s leading educational experts and offer a wide range of support and resources for pupils of all ages.
Youtube learning channels
Crash Course Kids
National Geographic Kids
Kids Learning Tube
Geeek Gurl Diaries
Mike Likes Science