Skip to content
Me and my family

I've just retired

  1. I would like advice on benefits

    Pension Credit is an income-related benefit made up of 2 parts:

    • Guarantee Credit 
    • Savings Credit

    You can find information on the Government website.

    For information about Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, see our benefits advice page.

  2. I receive benefits and need to tell you I have retired

    If you are claiming benefits, you need to report your change in circumstances to us as soon as possible.

  3. I would like a bus pass

    If you are of pensionable age, you can apply for a bus pass through Somerset County Council.

  4. I would like a blue badge

    You can to apply or renew a blue badge through Somerset County Council.

  5. I would like information on an emergency response system

    Careline South Somerset is an emergency response system for people who need reassurance that help is at hand at the push of a button 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.

    You can find more information on Careline South Somerset.

  6. I need care or home help

    If you need care or home help, you can find information through Somerset County Council.

    You can also contact Somerset Choices.

  7. I would like help to heat my home

    If you have an emergency that means you have no way of getting basic essentials, you may be able to get help from the Local Assistance Scheme.

    To claim your winter fuel payment, an application form can be found on the government website.

  8. I would like to volunteer

    You can find out what opportunities are available at the Council on our volunteering page.  

  9. Im interested in activities to keep me active

    Find activities taking place nearby here

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?