Wincanton town centre strategy
South Somerset District Council's Wincanton Town Centre Strategy aims to boost footfall and help create a more vibrant town centre, through working with partners, in which Wincanton's businesses can flourish.
The Wincanton Town Centre Strategy provides a clear direction for:
- Encouraging quality investment from private and public sector
- Improve commercial confidence
- Inform Future decision making
- Co-ordinate town centre activities/management to achieve complementary improvements
- Promotion and marketing the town centre
- Encouraging and developing partnership to collaborate on implementing the strategy
The strategy includes public realm improvements such as widening footways, introducing different surface dressings, better delineation of on street parking and planting schemes, proposals are tailored to individual locations at:
- Market Place
- High Street (central area no's 7-15 and the eastern gateway)
- Carrington Way
This complements working with property owners and landlords to increase the appeal of existing properties and incentivising occupancy with higher grant interventions.
You can view the Wincanton Town Centre Strategy online.