Wincanton town centre strategy
What is the Wincanton Town Centre Strategy?
South Somerset District Council's Wincanton Town Centre Strategy aims to boost footfall and help create a more vibrant town centre, through working with partners, in which Wincanton's businesses can flourish.
The draft strategy also comes with an action plan which will provide ideas on how achieving a regenerated Wincanton town centre might be achieved.
The draft Wincanton Town Centre Strategy provides a clear direction for:
- Encouraging quality investment from private and public sector
- Improve commercial confidence
- Inform Future decision making
- Co-ordinate town centre activities/management to achieve complementary improvements
- Promotion and marketing the town centre
- Encouraging and developing partnership to collaborate on implementing the strategy
Another strand of the work, on which feedback from the community will be particularly welcome, has been to consider public realm improvements such as widening footways, introducing different surface dressings, better delineation of on street parking and planting schemes, proposals are tailored to individual locations at:
- Market Place
- High Street (central area no's 7-15 and the eastern gateway)
- Carrington Way
This complements working with landlords to increase the appeal of existing properties, incentivising occupancy with higher grant interventions which is also included in the draft strategy.
How can I see the draft Strategy?
You can view the Wincanton Town Centre draft Strategy online.
The appendices to the draft Strategy can also be viewed online.
To supplement the draft Strategy, we have produced some panels to help illustrate the main points of the draft Strategy.
How can I give my feedback on the draft Strategy?
The consultation closed on Sunday 31 March 2019.