Wincanton town centre strategy
South Somerset District Council's Wincanton Town Centre Strategy aims to boost footfall and help create a more vibrant town centre, through working with partners, in which Wincanton's businesses can flourish.
The Wincanton Town Centre Strategy provides a clear direction for:
- Encouraging quality investment from private and public sector
- Improve commercial confidence
- Inform Future decision making
- Co-ordinate town centre activities/management to achieve complementary improvements
- Promotion and marketing the town centre
- Encouraging and developing partnership to collaborate on implementing the strategy
The strategy includes public realm improvements such as widening footways, introducing different surface dressings, better delineation of on street parking and planting schemes, proposals are tailored to individual locations at:
- Market Place
- High Street (central area no's 7-15 and the eastern gateway)
- Carrington Way
This complements working with property owners and landlords to increase the appeal of existing properties and incentivising occupancy with higher grant interventions.
You can view the Wincanton Town Centre Strategy online.
Events & Activity Grants
As part of the Wincanton Town Centre Regeneration programme, South Somerset District Council is now taking applications from those wishing to organise an event or activity in Wincanton town centre or those who have an innovative and creative idea which will help to bring people into town.
You can download the Application Form for a grant online.
You can apply for one of two grants for up to 50% towards the project costs:
- £5,000 maximum for 1 – 3 year project (individual application)
- £10,000 maximum for a 1-3 year project (partnership application) for collaborative initiatives where one organisation is the applying body, co-ordinating on behalf of at least three partner groups/businesses.
For more information regarding Events & Activity Grants, view our FAQs.