The aim of Yeovil Refresh is to create a town centre that will be a vibrant place to live, work, shop, learn and visit. Working with consultants and key partners, South Somerset District Council has been exploring how it can best invest in Yeovil's future.
The Refresh document below set out a focus for our work in the form of a Town Centre Plan for Yeovil in the future. Links to both the main report and the summarised brochure can be found here:
What you've told us so far...
- You'd like to see the main high streets kept clean and better kept with nicer planters and other greenery, while keeping the streets from being too cluttered.
- You'd like to see improvements in vehicular and pedestrian access into the heart of Yeovil for locals and visitors
- There are concerns about some vehicle access to parts of the town centre (in particular on Middle Street)
- You'd like to make the town's open areas more appealing, using the space that is available to encourage visitors.
The feedback obtained during the consultation has allowed the priority projects to be set. These are:
- Assessing further pedestrianisation of parts of Middle Street.
- A Public Realm Design Guide to help shape the use and look of open spaces in the town centre
- An assessment of access to the town centre
- A review of car parks in Yeovil (assessing current and future provision, cycle parking, electric charging points and more)
Delivery of the project will be phased over a 4 to 5 year programme with an early priority given to the initial priority projects above.
Have a question or something to say about the Yeovil Refresh Project? Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and an appropriate officer will reply.