Skip to content
My home

I want to improve my home

  1. Do I need planning permission?

    For information on when you need planning permission and how to apply, visit our planning page.

  2. Do I need building regulations approval?

    Find out about building regulations and when you need to apply for approval on our building control page.

  3. I want to replace my windows

    Find out if you need planning permission to replace your windows.

  4. I want to create a drive and drop my kerb

    You can find information on whether you can do this by visiting our creation of an access page.

  5. How can I make energy improvements?

    For information on grants to make energy improvement you can visit the Government website.

    You will find information on:

    • Replacement boilers
    • Insulate
    • Windows
    • Solar
    • Rainwater harvesting

  6. Can I build in my garden?

    Find information on what you can build in your garden on the planning portal.

  7. I would like a grant to insulate my home

    Visit the government website for information on grants.

  8. I need to replace my boiler

    Visit the government website for information on grants for replacement boilers.

  9. I have a pest problem in my home

    Find information on how to get rid of pest in your home or garden on our pest control page.

  10. I would like information on Disabled Facility Grants

    You may be entitled to a grant to help to adapt your home so you may remain in it if you are disabled.

    View our dedicated page for information on eligibility and how to apply.

  11. How do I dispose of asbestos?

    Visit Somerset Waste for information on asbestos disposal.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?