Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement

Licensing affects day to day businesses that you may visit

| District
As National Licensing Week 2018 draws to a close, the last day focusses on business and licensing. South Somerset District Council's Licensing team work with many businesses to ensure they have the correct licence or permit to undertake their work.

If you're a business, it's highly likely that you need to obtain a relevant licence from your local Council. Before you can start trading, you need to obtain the relevant licence for your business. You might need a licence, permit registration or to submit a notification.

If you're in any of the following business areas, it's likely that you will need some form of licence or permit:

  • Animals
  • Events
  • Late Night Refreshments (between 11pm - 6am)
  • Gambling
  • Scrap Metal Dealers
  • Premises/property
  • Sunday trading
  • Streets and street trading
  • Health and beauty / special treatments
  • Vehicles
  • Adult entertainment

Councillor Angie Singleton, Portfolio Holder for Licensing at South Somerset District Council said, "As National Licensing Week draws to a close, the District Council hopes it has showcased the vast amount of things you do or visit on a day to day basis that is affected by our Licensing team. We work proactively with new and old business owners to ensure the right licences and permits are in place, which will have a benefit to the residents of South Somerset".

If you wish to know more about the work of SSDC's Licensing Team, visit our licensing page. You can also apply for different licenses using the link above.

You can also find a very useful Business Link online tool which will enable you to find out which licences are relevant to your business and also a full list of current fees for different licences.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?