Exciting new Yeovil History calendar set for release
For the sixth year, Yeovil's Community Heritage Access Centre (CHAC) has compiled a calendar that celebrates the history of the town.
The 2019 calendar, on sale now, features a number of fascinating images and highlights the objects that CHAC cares for. From Queen Victoria's hat, a bottle of celebration beer, a Cup-winning Yeovil ladies football team - and even a "Game of Thrones" mythical beast - all feature in a fascinating new "Celebrating Yeovil" 2019 calendar
CHAC Heritage Co-ordinator, Joseph Lewis said, "With the 2019 calendar, we have enhanced the theme of celebration by combining group images and street scenes with relevant Yeovil-related objects. This year's calendar illustrates the type of objects that are cared for at CHAC."
The Heritage Team also thank CHAC's new design volunteer, Ian Tasker, in the production of the calendar. "Designing the 2019 Yeovil calendar has been a fascinating experience," said Ian, "especially putting together the objects and photographs and researching the stories behind them."
The calendars will be available for £6 (plus £1.50 for postage and packaging if ordering by post). Calendars will be available at:
- Yeovil Tourist Information Centre, Petter's Way, Yeovil, BA20 1SH (01935) 462781
- Cartgate TIC, Cartgate Picnic Area, near Stoke Sub Hamdon, near Yeovil, TA14 6RA. 01935 829333
- The Emporium, 39 Princes Street, Yeovil, BA20 1EG, 01935 579482. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.theemporiumyeovil.co.uk/
- SSDC Brympton Way Reception, Brympton Way, Yeovil, BA20 2HT 01935 462462
- Yeovil Town Council, 19 Union Street, Yeovil, BA20 1PQ, 01935 382424. Monday-Friday 8.30-4pm
- Community Heritage Access Centre, (CHAC) SSDC Lufton Depot, Yeovil, BA22 8RP (01935) 462886; Email: email@example.com
The calendar will be available by post from Wednesday 19 September. You can also order a copy by post. Please send a cheque for £7.50 (to include postage and packaging) made payable to South Somerset District Council to: CHAC, SSDC Lufton Depot, 7 Artillery Road, Lufton, Yeovil, Somerset BA22 8RP. All proceeds go towards the care of the collections at CHAC.
Councillor Nick Weeks, Portfolio holder for Heritage at South Somerset District Council said, "A lot of research has been undertaken by CHAC staff and volunteers, especially their design volunteer and serves as a fascinating insight into the CHAC collections as a whole. The calendar is always popular and normally sells out, so make sure you get hold of your copy and are prepared for 2019."
A display of the images from the calendar will be held in the autumn at Ninesprings Café. To book a visit to CHAC please call Joseph Lewis on 01935 462886 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to find out more about CHAC and discover the type of objects or photographs that are actively collected, please contact Joseph Lewis using the above contact details or visit Somerset Heritage.