Welcome to your new-look website
We’ve been working hard to make sure that accessing our services is as easy as possible for you.
Our new website allows you to find information, report an issue or make a request wherever you are and whenever you want.
New features you may have noticed:
1. My Account. You can now register for a South Somerset account. Registering is free and easy; all you need to do is enter your name, email address and create a password. Signing in to your account will allow you to apply for services and report any issues, as well as track the progress of any request or report you have made.
If you want to see your Council Tax and/or Benefit information, register for an upgraded account. To do this, make sure you have your reference number to hand. This can be found on any letters we have sent you. Once verified through our PIN system, you will be able to view the details of any accounts you have with us, including payments and your latest bill.
2. Quick links. Our most popular services are now easy to find. Searching planning applications in your area, checking your bin collection days and the rest of our most common requests can now be done in just a couple of clicks! Simply select the link on the homepage.
3. Action buttons. Notice litter on the streets or an overflowing bin when out and about? Report the problem on the go with the new ‘Report It’ function. If you are signed in, you won’t need to re-enter your information, simply pin point the issue on the map and hit submit. Converting your loft? There is now no need to wait until our offices are open to begin your planning application. Submit your application and plans online or book an appointment with a member of our team to discuss your options.
4. Life events. We understand that if something major is happening in your life, you want to get all the help you need as quickly as possible. Our new life events section gives you access to all the relevant information in one place. Welcoming a new arrival? Find out about registering the birth, let us know about your situation and find information about child benefit all at the same time.
5. Page layout. It’s not just our homepage that has a new look! To save you time, we have organised our pages into handy drop-downs so that you only need to read what is relevant. Click on the arrow to expand the section you are interested in. You may also notice a new button at the bottom of some pages, clicking this will take you straight through to the correct form for you to complete.
6. Residents and businesses. Tired of seeing information that is irrelevant to you? We now have tailor made homepages for both residents and businesses, making it even easier for you to find the service you are looking for. Toggle between the homepages using the buttons at the top of the page.
7. Was this page helpful? We are continuously adding new content to the website and making improvements to what is available. We would love to hear your feedback on the new features you think are working and those which need some more attention. Use the link at the bottom of each page to submit your thoughts.
Many services will become available to request, book, pay for and track over the next few months, so be sure to keep checking back.