Coronavirus (COVID-19): Extended opening hours on phonelines to provide additional support during Coronavirus crisis
South Somerset District Council has extended its phoneline opening hours to provide additional support to those needing help during the Coronavirus crisis.
We will now open between the hours of 8am and 6pm seven days a week (including Bank Holidays). We have also set up an online enquiry form for any questions you may have.
Call 01935 462462 if you're in South Somerset and need information regarding:
- Business grants during the Coronavirus crisis
- Access to free food boxes if you're facing financial hardship
- Access to the food boxes being provided to the vulnerable from our Wellbeing Hub
You can also continue to access our normal services on 01935 462462 between 8.30am and 5pm but we are expanding outside of these times to be able to provide further support and help our customers who need particular support in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic during this difficult time.
Sharon Jones, Connect Team Manager, said: “We have seen staff from across the organisation come forward to help out on different shifts to provide support to all those in need. We recognise how vital is to be able to ensure our residents and businesses receive all the dedicated help they need at this time and we want you to know that we are there for you.”
A Somerset Support Helpline has also been launched on 0300 790 6275 if you need:
• Emotional support if you’re feeling worried or anxious
• Transport to medical appointments
• Waste collection and disposal
• Financial support
Callers will be asked to describe the support they require and will be connected with others for resolution.
South Somerset District Council has set up a wide range of support for residents and businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ensuring local businesses and employers can apply to the Small Business Grant fund and for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants
- Working with SPARK to support the corona-helpers.co.uk website.to ensure people can receive the help they need
- Redeploying staff to ensure we provide dedicated support and advice to anyone needing help with the Council Tax payments or benefits