Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Playparks and outdoor gyms remain closed due to Coronavirus restrictions
Although the sun is shining, we’d like to remind families that our playparks remain closed at this time.
Outdoor gyms and playgrounds cannot be opened and we thank you for your understanding.
Remember, we can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
• stay at home as much as possible
• work from home if you can
• limit contact with other people
• keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
• wash your hands regularly
The Government has provided a useful guide to what is permitted and not permitted at this time.
There are a limited number of things you can now do that you could not do before including:
- meeting one other person from a different household outdoors - following social distancing guidelines
- exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
- go to a garden centre
At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household. As with before, you cannot:
- visit friends and family in their homes
- exercise in an indoor sports court, gym or leisure centre, or go swimming in a public pool
- use an outdoor gym or playground
- visit a private or ticketed attraction
- gather in a group of more than two (excluding members of your own household), except for a few specific exceptions set out in law (for work, funerals, house moves, supporting the vulnerable, in emergencies and to fulfil legal obligations)
If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or if you or any of your household are self-isolating, you should stay at home - this is critical to staying safe and saving lives.