UPDATE: Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund - currently closed to new applicants
UPDATE: The application scheme is currently closed while applications are assessed against the available funds. We will provide further updates if the scheme is reopened.
If your South Somerset based business has not been eligible for any other Covid-19 related grant with the exceptions of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the Self-Employed Income support scheme (SEISS) your rateable value or annual rent / annual mortgage payments are below £51,000 we encourage you to apply to this scheme.
We will also consider applications from businesses who are based exclusively in South Somerset; operating in the hospitality or leisure sector and have a rateable value of between £51,000 and £75,000.
The grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis, the amount of award is discretionary up to a maximum grant of £25,000. South Somerset District Council may periodically suspend accepting further applications to ensure that available funds are not exceeded.
We will require all eligible business to apply via our online form – hosted on South Somerset District Council Website. The application process will be open on Tuesday 26th May at 11am.
Please note you will be unable to make an application through Internet Explorer and we recommend you use an alternative internet browser.
We are expecting the grant application to be oversubscribed and unfortunately submission of application does not guarantee payment of a grant.
Businesses who have applied for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme are eligible to apply.
- Business / charity must be located in South Somerset
- Business / charity must not be in administration, insolvent or been issued a striking off notice
- Business / charity was trading on the 11th March 2020
- Business / charity is not eligible for / has not received cash grants from any central government Covid 19 related scheme including any of the below:
- Business / charity does not have a rateable value or annual rent / annual mortgage payments of more than £51,000 unless operating in the hospitality or leisure sectors
- Business / charity does not employ more than 50 people
- Business / charity does not have an annual turnover of more than £10.2million
- Business / charity does not have a balance sheet total of more than £5.1million
- Business / charity has not applied for a discretionary grant from another Local Authority
- Business / charity has fixed premises costs
Up to £10,000
Hospitality or Leisure sectors (RV £51,000 to £75,000)
Up to £25,000
Any business who has experienced a decrease of at least 25% of annual turnover due to Covid 19
Businesses will receive 25% of their annual self-declared turnover to a maximum of £10,000
How to apply?
In order to apply you must have a South Somerset District Council online ‘My Account’. If you do not currently have an account, we recommend that you register in advance of the grant process being opened. You can register on the link below:
You will need the following information and evidence ready to complete your application:
We will be asking businesses to confirm that all information provided within this application is factually correct and understand that South Somerset District Council may contact you to request further information at a later date and withhold the right to claim back any funding should the information provided not be true.
- If the business/charity you are claiming the grant for is liable for any of the following:
You will need to supply the relevant account number(s).
- If the business is registered with Companies House you will need to provide the Company Number.
- If the Charity is registered with the Charity Commission you will need to provide the Charity Number.
- Annual turnover figure as stated in your latest audited/approved accounts.
- Balance sheet total.
- For businesses the total number of employees.
- Business/charity bank account name, sort code and account number or the personal bank account name, sort code and account number if this is what you use for your business.
- Digital bank statement for March 2020 for the account used for the business/charity.
- Other digital documents, you feel will support your application, e.g. formal accounts/management accounts/ cash flow figures.