Information for Licensed businesses
As you will be aware, from the 15th December the coronavirus (COVID-19) rules on entering certain venues and events have changed. The Government has introduced Domestic Certification requirements more commonly known as the Covid Pass.
Attendees aged 18 or over must show proof of one of the following to enter certain venues and events in England:
- Are vaccinated with 2 doses of an approved vaccine (or one of the single-dose Janssen vaccine), or
- Have a negative PCR or rapid lateral flow test within the last 48 hours –(to strengthen the protection testing provides, tests should be taken as late as possible before attending the event, ideally within 12 hours)
- Or are exempt on the basis of a medical exemption or clinical trial participation
These rules will apply to certain venues and events and you may not fall within the specific thresholds but please do take a moment to check the guidance below to ensure that you are up to date with the recent changes, but in summary include:
- All Nightclubs,
- Other Venues that have music and dancing with alcohol sales after 01:00 and
- Large Indoor Venues and Outdoor Event Spaces – specific capacity limits apply.
You can find further information by following these links:
Carrying out mandatory COVID-19 status checks at your venue or event - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Prove your coronavirus (COVID-19) status to work at venues or events operating COVID-19 status checks - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) - Guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Mandatory certification toolkit for venues in England - NHSX
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any specific queries and we will get back to you.