See SSDC Chief Executive Alex Parmley's presentation regarding our extensive response to Coronavirus
From setting up a hub to send food parcels out to those most in need to supporting businesses and those at risk of homelessness, South Somerset District Council has been there to support our communities through the Coronavirus crisis.
Our Chief Executive, Alex Parmley, gave a summary of the actions we have taken in a meeting with councillors earlier this month and you can see his presentation here.
- Sending out almost 500 food parcels of vital supplies
- Ensuring thousands of businesses received more than £28M in grants
- Supporting almost 200 people at risk of homelessness
- Redeploying almost 100 staff to roles directly supporting our communities
- Setting up a directory to find local businesses providing food and drink
And much more.
We’re also supporting a Somerset Support Helpline on 0300 790 6275 if you need:
- Emotional support if you’re feeling worried or anxious
• Transport to medical appointments
• Waste collection and disposal
• Financial support