Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Housing Benefit overpayments

If you get Housing Benefit that you are not entitled to, it is called an overpayment.

The most common reasons for an overpayment are:

  • We have wrong or incomplete information about you
  • We haven’t been told about a change in your circumstances

To make sure you do not get paid too much Housing Benefit, it is really important that you let us know about changes in your circumstances as soon as they happen.

Find out about how you can report a change in circumstance.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?