Council Tax - I am moving home
Changes of address can include:
- Moving into South Somerset
- Moving away from South Somerset
- Moving from one property to another within South Somerset
- Moving to a care/residential home
- A change to the number of people (over 18) living in your property
- A partner or adult child moving in or out of your home
It is important that you notify us of any change of address within 21 days, failure to do so could lead to a penalty of £70.00. See our penalties page for more information.
If you do not let us know about a change of address, you could be charged the wrong amount.
This is to help make sure that your initial Council Tax bill is for the correct amount and includes any discounts or exemptions you are eligible for.
I am moving out of the South Somerset District Council area
Report a move out of our area online.
I am moving within the South Somerset District Council area
Report a move within the area online.
I am moving into the South Somerset area
Report that you are moving into the area online.
The number of people in my household has changed
If there has been a change to the number of people over the age of 18 living in your property, for example your partner moving into your home, let us know.