Report a dog attack or dangerous dog
If a dog has attacked a person, you need to report the incident to the Police by calling 101.
- Witness a dog attack another dog or animal
- Are the owner of a dog that has been attacked
- Have concerns about a dog’s behaviour in a public space
Report the incident to us so that we can investigate.
You will need to include:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Date and time of incident
- Location of incident
- Description of the dog
- Details of the dog owner
- Details of any witnesses to the incident
If you do not know the dog owner, we will not be able to investigate. However, we will log the incident for reference.
If your dog or other pet has been attacked and needs veterinary treatment, it may be useful to keep a copy of the invoice and a photograph of any injuries. An investigation may take place depending on the nature of the attack.
We will try to resolve the incident with the dog owner. We will discuss their options and give them advice on how they can keep their dog under control. This could include a voluntary written agreement.Report a dangerous dog