Food allergen information for businesses
If you are a small business that produces pre-packed foods, use this page to help you decide what information to put on labels for food that contains ingredients some people are allergic to.
The guidance below has been produced by the Food Standards Agency to assist small to medium size businesses achieve compliance with the food legislation.
- Allergen basic facts and stats
- Allergen consumer guidance
- Allergy labelling for pre-packed foods
- Allergy labelling for loose packed foods
- Think allergy poster
- Allergy chef cards
- Advice on food allergen labelling
- Allergen toolkit for healthcare catering
- Advice on 'free from' allergen claims
For further information, or if you are still unsure, contact us.