Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement

Abandoned vehicles

If a vehicle is taxed, it is not considered abandoned.

You can check if the vehicle is taxed and has a current MOT. This search is anonymous.

We can help remove a vehicle if it is:

  • untaxed
  • on public or Council land
  • has not have been moved for at least two weeks

If the vehicle is taxed but parked unsafely or illegally, or is causing an obstruction, contact the Police on 101.

If the vehicle is parked on a Council owned grass verge, including in a park and play area, you can report it

If a vehicle has been left on your property, try and contact the owner. You can request their details directly from the DVLA.

You can also contact the Police on 101 to see if they have any interest in the vehicle. It may have been reported as stolen.

  1. How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

    To report an issue you need to be registered for a My Account. This will save you having to re-enter information and allow you to track the progress of the report.

    To report an untaxed vehicle on public or Council land, you will need to know the:

    • Vehicle registration number
    • Tax due date
    • MOT expiry date
    • Vehicle condition
    • Exact location

    If the number plate is missing, you need to tell us the vehicle: 

    • Make
    • Model
    • Colour

    Report an abandoned vehicle using the button below. You will be asked to sign up for, or sign in to, your account before completing the form.

  2. I work for the Police and want to make a request

    If you are a member of the Police, you can report a vehicle or raise a removal for a vehicle.

    Complete an Abandoned Vehicle Police request

  3. My vehicle has been marked as abandoned

    If an abandoned vehicle sticker has been put on your vehicle, contact us.

Report an abandoned vehicle

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?