Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
House and street trading

Charitable house to house collections

Under the terms of the House to House Collections Act 1939 and House to House Collections Regulations 1947, an institution or an individual must have a licence from the Council if they want to carry out charitable house to house, or door to door, collections.

You won't need a licence if you have a valid exemption certificate.

*When you submit an application you will need to send us a copy of your Covid-19 risk assessment ( This will be shared with Environmental Health.*

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?