Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Premises Licence

Apply for a club premises certificate

  1. Applying for a club premises certificate

    You, or your agent, must:

    • Complete the application form (Including completion of an operating schedule)
    • Complete a certificate of declaration
    • Submit a floor plan of the premises
    • Submit a copy of the club rules
    • Make the payment for the application

    Applications must take into account the four licensing objectives and help promote them. These objectives are:

    • The prevention of crime and disorder
    • Public safety
    • The prevention of public nuisance
    • The protection of children from harm

    Visit the Government website for more information on club premises certificates and alcohol licensing.

    You can email your application and plan(s) to If you submit your application via email the payment can be made online. You will receive a an email containing a payment link when the application is accepted. 

    If you intend to submit a hard copy of the form you will also need to serve it on the responsible authorities. The addresses can be found here.

  2. What happens next?

    We will review your application and will contact you if we need any extra information.

    If no more information is needed from you, then a copy of the application will be sent to the relevant authorities for consultation.

    In the meantime, you must display the application notice at the premises on pale blue paper. The notice needs to be visible from the outside of the premises the following working day from when an application is submitted. It needs to remain visible for 28 working days.

    An advert needs be placed in local newspapers 10 days after submitted your application.

  3. Review a club premises certificate

    An interested party or responsible authority can ask to review a club premises certificate. If this is requested, we will hold a hearing.

    In certain situations, the chief police officer can request from us a summary review of a licence. For example, if a premises is licensed to sell alcohol by retail and a senior officer has given a certificate that they believe that the premises is associated with either serious crime or disorder.

  4. I need a copy of a club premises certificate

    If a club premises certificate has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, you can apply for a copy.

  5. Changing the name, registered address or rules of a club

    If you hold a club premises certificate, you need to let us know if you change the name of the club or the address it is registered at.

    You will also need to notify us if you make any alterations to the rules of the club.

    Complete our notification of change form.

    A £10.50 statutory fee applies to each change.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?