Premises Licence

Apply for a full variation to a premises licence

  1. What happens after I submit my application?

    We will review your application and will contact you we need any extra information. Unless you are a company, applicants will also need to provide copies of their Right to Work in the UK documents.

    If no more information is needed from you, then a copy of the application will be sent to the relevant authorities for consultation.

    If your application was not submitted online, you must also give a copy of the application form and plan (if appropriate) to the relevant responsible authorities e.g. the chief police officer and the fire and rescue authority. The addresses for the responsible authorities can be found here.

    In the meantime, you must display the application notice at the premises on pale blue paper. The notice needs to visible from the outside of the premises the following working day from when an application is submitted and accepted. It needs to remain visible for 28 days. If the extent of your premises is larger than 50 metres square, a further notice needs to be placed every 50 metres along the external perimeter of the premises abutting any highway.  

    An advert needs be published in a local newspaper within 10 working days, starting after you have submitted your application.

    It is suggested that you check with us that the application has been accepted before it is published in a newspaper or at the premises. If the date on your notice is incorrect, it will need to be re-advertised with the correct date.

  2. Will tacit consent apply?

    Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion date. This date is 35 days after the Council and the responsible authorities have received your valid application.

  3. Review of a licence

    An 'Other' party or responsible authority can apply to review a premises licence. If this application is made, we will normally hold a hearing.

    In certain situations, the chief police officer can request from us a summary review of a licence. For example, if a premises is licensed to sell alcohol by retail and a senior officer has given a certificate that they believe that the premises is associated with either serious crime or disorder.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?