Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Premises Licence

Apply for a minor variation to a club premises certificate

A minor variation is a small change to a current club premises certificate.

For example:

  • Small changes to the structure or layout of a premises
  • Small changes to licensing hours, but not extensions
  • The removal, amendment of out of sate or unenforceable conditions
  • The addition of a volunteered condition

You cannot use a minor variation to do the following:

  • Substantially vary the premises to which it relates
  • Add the supply of alcohol to members or guests as an activity authorised by the certificate
  • Authorise the supply of alcohol to members or guest at any time between 11pm and 7am
  • Increase the amount of time, on any day, during which alcohol may be supplied to members or guests

For these changes, you will need to apply for full variation.

Only the authorised officers of the club (or their agent) may apply for a minor variation.

There is a non-refundable fee of £89 for this application.

Apply for a minor variation to a club premises certificate.

You can email your application and plan(s) to If you submit your application via email the payment can be made over the phone. You will receive a call take the payment when the application is accepted. 

In the interest of public safety, tacit consent will not apply. We must process your application before it can be granted.

If you need to apply for a club premises certificate, visit our apply for page.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?