Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Premises Licence

Apply for a minor variation to a premises licence

  1. Apply for a minor variation

    You, or your agent, must:

    • Complete our application form
    • Submit a revised floor plan (if there are any changes to the premises layout)
    • Submit your premises licence and summary or a statement saying why it is not included
    • Make the payment for the application

    You can email your application and plan(s) (if applicable) to If you submit your application via email the payment can be made over the phone. You will receive a call take the payment when the application is accepted. 

  2. What happens next?

    We will review your application and will contact you if we need any extra information.

    If no more information is needed from you, then a copy of the application may be sent to appropriate relevant authorities for consultation. 

    In the meantime, you are required to advertise the application at the premises on white paper to distinguish them from new and full variation applications, which are advertised on pale blue paper.

    There is no right to a hearing in the case of minor variations. We will serve a notice of its decision on the applicant, and any person who has made relevant representations.

    Visit the government website for more information about minor variations to a premises licences.

  3. Will tacit consent apply?

    No. If we fail to respond to you within 15 working days your application will be treated as refused and we will return your fee.

  4. Review of a licence

    An 'Other' party or responsible authority can ask to review a premises licence. If this is requested, we will hold a hearing.

    In certain situations, the chief police officer can request from us a summary review of a licence. For example, if a premises is licensed to sell alcohol by retail and a senior officer has given a certificate that they believe that the premises is associated with either serious crime or disorder.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?