Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement
Premises Licence

Apply for a personal licence

If you want to sell, or authorise the sale of, alcohol, you may need a personal licence.

You will need a personal licence to become a designated premises supervisor (DPS) of a premises that sells alcohol.

This is detailed in The Licensing Act 2003 (Personal licences) Regulations 2005.

Instances when a personal licence is not needed are listed in Section 192 of the Act.

Under the Deregulation Act 2015, you no longer need to renew your personal licence. Personal licences will now carry on indefinitely until they are surrendered or revoked.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?