Review a premise licence or club premises certificate
If problems associated with the licensing objectives are occurring after a premises licence or club premises certificate has been granted, the authorisation of this licence or certificate can be reviewed.
A review may be applied for by either a Responsible Authority or any other person. The responsible authorities for the South Somerset are:
- The Chief of Police for Avon and Somerset Constabulary
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- Somerset Trading Standards
- Somerset Social Services
- Public Heath
- The Licensing Authority at South Somerset District Council
- Environmental Protection at South Somerset District Council
- Development Control at South Somerset District Council
- Health and Safety Executive or the Health and Safety unit at South Somerset District Council depending on the type of premises
- Inspector or surveyor of ships if the premises is a vessel.
How do I apply?
Applications must be sent to the licensing authority for the area where the premises are located. They must also be copied to each of the Responsible Authorities and the holder of the premises licence.
You can contact us online or call us 01935 462462 for this information.
There is no fee for this application.
Appeals and consumer complaints
Following a review hearing, an appeal can be lodged against the decision made by the licensing authority.
Appeals can be lodged by:
- the applicant for the review
- the club that holds or held the club premises certificate or the premises licence holder
- any other person who made relevant representation in relation to the application
- Appeals are made to a Magistrates' court within 21 days of notice of the decision.
The Magistrates Court
Telephone: 01935 426281
The same process applies for consumer complaints.
View our list of public registers. This includes a list of applications received for premises licences.