Skip to content Read our accesibilty statement

Compliments, comments and complaints

Here at South Somerset District Council, we are committed to putting you, our customer, first. This means that we are always pleased to hear what you have to say about the services we provide.

  1. Making a comment, suggestion or compliment

    To give a compliment or make a comment or suggestion on a service you have received, use our online form.

  2. Appealing a decision

    If you disagree with a decision made by the Council, for example a planning application or benefit application decision, this will be dealt with in a different way.

    Each service has a separate appeal process.

    Use the links below if you want appeal a decision:

  3. Making a complaint

    If you are dissatisfied by the way we have delivered, or failed to deliver, a service you can make a formal complaint.

    A guide to how your complaint will be dealt with can be found on our complaints procedure page.

    Issues relating to our roads, parking and transport, for example potholes, road works and public transport are dealt with by Somerset County Council

    To report an issue relating to our waste services, use this online form.

  4. Making a complaint about a district, town or parish councillor

    If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct of a district, town or parish councillor, see our councillor complaints page.

Thank you. You response is appreciated.

Was this page helpful?