Local Plan Review 2016-2036
We are currently is undertaking a review of our Local Plan (2006 to 2028) which was adopted in March 2015.
We are committed to a review of the Local Plan following concerns raised by the Inspector, regarding the housing and employment land allocations at Wincanton.
The review has been used as an opportunity to ensure that the whole Local Plan remains effective and up to date, and will result in a new Local Plan Review covering the period 2016 to 2036.
Issues and Options.
A consultation took place between October 2017 and January 2018. View a summary of the main points.
You can see all of the comments made on the consultation here.
The Preferred Options document went to District Executive on 07 February 2019 and will be out for consultation in June 2019.
Local Plan Evidence.
- Housing Market Areas and Functional Market Area in Somerset
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment for Mendip, Sedgemoor, South Somerset and Taunton Deane Final Report (October 2016)
- South Somerset District Council 5 year Housing Land Supply 2018 to 2023
- Potential for Rural Settlements to be Designated 'Villages'
Older documents are available on request, email us.
- Review of FEMAs and Understanding Market Trends
- South Somerset Employment Land Evidence - Long Term Economic Forecasting and Implications for Employment sites and premises (July 2017)
- Addendum report to Long Term Economic Forecasting and Implications for Employment sites and premises (July 2017) November 2018
- South Somerset Economic Development Monitoring Report
Retail and Town Centres
- South Somerset Retail and Main Town Centres Uses Study Report (July 2017)
- Appendix 6 – South Somerset Retail and Main Town Centre uses study report (July 17)
Older documents are available on request, please email us.
Housing & Economic Land Availability Assessment
Authority Monitoring Report
Settlement Profiles 2017
Historic Environment Strategy
Historic Environment Strategy (Draft)
Sustainability Appraisal 2017
Statement of Community Involvement
Statement of Community Involvement (adopted September 2018)
Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2015/16
Local Development Scheme